(1) The frequencies, transmitter powers, and uses for transmitters operating in the 26
MHz band are those prescribed in the First Schedule to this notice.
(2) The frequencies, transmitter power and uses for transmitters operating in the 476 -
477 MHz band are those prescribed in the Second Schedule to this notice.
(3) Transmitters must meet the requirements, including compliance with technical
standards, of the Radiocommunications (Electromagnetic Compatibility Compliance) Notice
2001 made under regulation 32(1) of the regulations.
(4) Frequency use is on a shared basis and the Chief Executive does not accept
liability under any circumstances for any loss or damage of any kind occasioned by the
unavailability of frequencies, or interference to reception.
(5) Should interference occur to services licensed pursuant to a radio licence or a
spectrum licence, the Chief Executive reserves the right to require and ensure that any
transmission pursuant to this General User Radio Licence change frequency, reduce power,
or cease operation.
(6) All persons engaging in radiocommunications under this licence must, during
transmission, clearly identify themselves.
(7) The Chief Executive may, on request of an operator, allocate a callsign.
(8) This licence does not apply to transmitters that may be installed, operated or used
in an automatic re-transmission mode (also known as a 'repeater').
(9) Except for tones generated for the purpose of selective calling, non-speech
transmissions are not permitted, except on channels 22 and 23 of the Second Schedule.
(10) Transmissions must not be relayed over telecommunication networks, an activity
sometimes known as 'auto-patching'.
(1) The Radiocommunications (Radio) Regulations (General Licence for Citizens Radio
Apparatus) Notice 1999, and the Radiocommunications (Radio) Regulations (General Licence
for Personal Radio Apparatus) Notice 1999, dated 2 February 1999 are revoked.
(2) Notwithstanding the revocation of notices under subsection (1), every transmitter
compliant with the requirements of those notices on the commencement date of this notice
is deemed to be compliant with the requirements of this notice.